Talk 123

3rd January, 1936
Talk 123.

Dr. Mohammed Hafiz Syed, a Muslim Professor of Persian and Urdu in the University of Allahabad, asked: " What is the purpose of this external manifestation?"

Maharshi:
This manifestation had induced your question.
D.: True. I am covered by maya [?]. How to be free from it?

Maharshi:
Who is covered by maya? Who wants to be free?
D.: Master, being asked `Who?', I know that it is ignorant me , composed of the senses, mind and body. I tried this enquiry `Who?' after reading Paul Brunton's book. Three or four times I was feeling elated and the elation lasted sometime and faded away. How to be established in `I'? Please give me the clue and help me.

Maharshi:
That which appears anew must also disappear in due course.
D.: Please tell me the method of reaching the eternal Truth.

Maharshi:
You are That. Can you ever remain apart from the Self? To be yourself requires no effort since you are always That.

Talk 122 Talk 124

No comments: